Sunday, August 7, 2011

Goodbye Provo... Hello Sacramento

Goodbye Provo......
Well we had quite the goodbye this summer. Since we had a couple months before Matt's job started, neither of us worked, so needless to say we had a lot of time to play around. We tried to fit in all we could before we left and we ended up going on a lot of family trips.

We got to go skiing a couple times with Matt's grandpa.



This is in Jackson Hole with Matt's family. It was so beautiful, but the lake was a little chilly for me to jump in.

Of course it was not to cold for Matt to jump in off the jumping rock.



Half Moon Bay with my family.

Sorry Matt that I choose this picture it was just so great. My brother, dad, and Matt were playing quarterback receiver. Promise Matt didn't end up on the ground every time. Maybe I'll add a nice video later.

San Francisco

One Year Anniversary!!! Our frozen wedding cake. Not the best ever after being frozen for a year, but better than I would expected. I mean I managed to finish a whole piece.



Now..... Hello SacTown!!!!
We've been here since Wednesday night. So far its going well. Our apartment is about twice as big as our last one. Mostly because our last one was tiny. Our apartment is a little bare now, but I love having more space.

Our new kitchen. Its all re-done, so everything is new and it is so nice.


I tried to make up for a whole summer of not cooking. Matt seemed to accept the offer.


They may be a tiny washer and dryer, but it my favorite thing about this condo. I am so happy to have my own washer and dryer


Just showing off my slippers. I know it is August, but almost all of our condo is tile and it feels a lot better to be wearing slippers.

Matt going off to his first day of work. That was just this morning, so I don't know how it is going yet, but I assume all is well.

Well so far we are really liking Sacramento. It is different and I still need to find a job. I hope I can soon or I will start going crazy with all my time. And just so everyone knows we have a second bedroom if you want to come and stay so you can watch Jimmer play. Since Matt and I never managed to become friends with him at BYU it is our new goal to become friends with him here.

Sincerely,

Kelsey

3 comments:

  1. Kelsey! Cute post. It's nice to keep up with you guys through your blog! Tell Matt I'm sorry we never saw you guys before you left, so we will just have to visit sometime! haha I talked to his Grandpa (Uncle Trent) yesterday and he was already missing Matt. I thought it was cute. Good luck in Sacramento!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!! Thanks for the update Kels!! looks like youve had a great summer and I'm not going to lie, i am SUPER jealous of your awesome apartment!!! :) Good luck finding a job!! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha kels i seriously just laughed, out loud, and my parents asked me what was so funny. when i said "kelsey" they said, since when? they must have missed that part of our lives. :) better get on that Jimmer thing. ASAP.

    ReplyDelete