Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Garage Sale Project



In our larger apartment our scanty amount of furniture has not quite filled the place out. So on Saturday I decided to go garage sale browsing. Turns out people are serious about their garage sales here. There was one on like every block and when I got there at 8:30am, it was much to late for the good stuff. Despite our late start we still managed to find a couple winners.


We got this wood table for only $10. It was a great deal especially since we sold our kitchen table before moving. We still do have the problem that we don't have chairs.



Now on to my project! I found this cool thing for $2. It kind of looks like it belongs in a church doesn't it. Anyways I was really excited because I've wanted a project for a while.


Step 1: Remove cork board and sand down wood.


Step 2: With a little help from Martha Stewart paint the wood.


First coat

two coats


Step 3: Find some knobs and paint them.


Step 4: Put it all together.


I was going to find a mirror to replace the cork board, but the opening is not a normal size, so maybe some day, but for now I'll tack notes to it. I am excited to hang it right inside the door because now Matt can put his keys and wallet in it right when he walks in. Therefore avoiding the constant search for them.

p.s. You can't really tell in the pictures, but it is light blueish not white. The flash just messes up the color.

Sincerely,

Kelsey

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for you! That's a great find, I'm jealous of your garage sale adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Love that you have a blog!

    ReplyDelete